We believe that the hallmark of any family law and divorce matter is providing honest and dedicated service. To help you better understand your legal case, please reach out to one of our attorneys for assistance today.
The Tholstrup Law Firm, L.P. is dedicated to bringing effective solutions to all of your family law matters throughout Houston, TX. From adoption to divorce, we bring 25 years of legal experience to your case. Our attorney has tried thousands of family law cases in the local Texas courts along with resolving them through mediation and collaborative methods.
Our Houston family lawyer knows the Texas family laws and procedures that will impact your issue, the policies that courts use to determine them, and how to prepare and present your case at the negotiation table or during trial to help you achieve the best possible result.
What Is a Family Lawyer?
A family lawyer specializes in the practice of family law and is versed in the Texas Family Code. This includes matters relating to divorce, name changes, protective orders, child custody, support, and so much more.
Our Texas family law firm takes the time to thoroughly understand the unique qualities of your issue as well as your preferences in how you would optimally like it resolved. Family law matters can be complicated and subject to emotional stress not only for yourself but your children.
Our family law lawyer in Houston works diligently to help you find a resolution through sound and objective legal counsel so that you can make informed decisions. We know that your future, in terms of your children, finances, property, and other issues, depends on it.
Schedule a complimentary consultation with our family attorney in Houston to discuss your family law concerns. Contact us online or at (713) 533-8457. We serve Harris County, Fort Bend County, Montgomery County, and the Woodlands.
- Child Custody
- Child Support Collection / Defense
- Collaborative Divorce
- Complex Property Division
- Family Law
- Modifications & Enforcement
- Pre-Nuptial & Post-Nuptial Agreements
- Relocation Issues
- Restraining Orders & Protective Orders
- Surrogacy & Reproductive Law
- Wills & Trusts
You have worked hard for what you have. As Child Custody Attorneys, we work hard to protect your rights to your children and your property. We do not forget that your opinion of our performance as your Child Custody Attorney is paramount."BRINGING SOLUTIONS TO YOUR FAMILY LAW ISSUES"Richard J. Tholstrup
The Tholstrup Law Firm, L.P. is proud to provide comprehensive and reliable resolutions to a variety of family law issues in Texas.
We Handle All Houston Family Law Matters Including:
- Divorce. Our family law attorneys in Houston resolve both uncontested and contested divorce cases.
- Complex property division. Marital property and debt falls under the community property rule but does not always equate to an even split.
- Child custody. Resolving this issue can be a highly-charged matter that calls for the skills of a competent Houston family lawyer who will fight for your parental rights.
- Child support collection/defense. We represent individuals in seeking fair child support arrangements, per Texas law.
- Restraining orders and protective orders. Whether seeking or contesting such orders, you need a qualified family law attorney in Houston to protect your legal rights.
- Adoption. Going through the adoption process can be stressful; get the guidance you need to increase your chances of success.
- Surrogacy and reproductive law. This is a complex issue calling for the understanding and counsel of an experienced Texas family law firm.
- Prenuptial and post-nuptial agreements. Ensure your contract is clear and written according to legal standards.
- Collaborative divorce. Avoid the trauma of a civil trial through this less adversarial method of resolving your differences.
- Mediation. This process is another route to resolving your divorce issues without resorting to contentious litigation.
- Modifications and enforcements. Amend and enforce family court orders with legal help to support your case before the judge.
- Relocation issues. Whether seeking or contesting the relocation of your child, you will need a strong case to preserve your parental rights.
Call our attorney today for a family law consultation at (713) 533-8457.
At The Tholstrup Law Firm, L.P., we know that you have many choices in family law representation in Houston, TX. Your selection of an attorney may be one of the most important decisions you ever make and can have a significant impact on the outcome.
Our firm is backed by decades of experience and thousands of cases handled. We have the resources needed to fully prepare and represent you at the negotiation table as well as in court. Our goal is to provide strong advocacy in pursuing your best interests throughout the legal process.
“Thank you Mr. Tholstrup for all you did for me and continue to do for our community sir.”- Erin M.
“Mr. Tholstrup was incredibly knowledgeable and helpful in my case. I was extremely pleased with his services and have referred him to multiple friends and family members.”- Robbyn B.
“To whoever needs a divorce attorney, You will not go wrong with Richard. Very responsible and open, and clear to the point. I really like working on my trial. I am glad I found him after long research looking for a great attorney.”- Francisco G.
“I used the Tholstrup Law firm about two years ago for my divorce. The price was fair, and he was very thorough. He is also light hearted and the judges seem to love him. I'm currently using him for some custody issues as well.”- Hailey